Sunday, July 14, 2013

Tributes: TrayvonMartin

   As a bi-racial woman in America, its always been hard to fit in todays society. Learning history in school about civil rights, how cultures always attacking each other because of something they lack to understand. I am German and African American, growing up in an all white family, being asked am I adopted. I wasn't raised on soul food, but I was raised with character and nothing. I wasn't given a new game system when it came out. When I moved to the United States of America in 1999, life for me changed, in the 4th-5th grade I went to Andrew Jackson Elementary School in Oklahoma, and my Teacher (who will remain nameless) was always sending me to the office, I never really understood why. When my mom came to pick me up from school she would be polite to me but other then that she wasn't.  In the 10th grade I joined an organization that empowered young African American Students to do the right thing. 3 whole years I've learned more about my other race then I do in school. Whether the case of Trayvon Martin was about race or not, its still wrong. He was a 17-year old child, and GZ followed him when they told him not to, not only did this man disobey a higher ranked authority but you judged someone you barely knew or cared for because he was black. A lot of people are talking about "FACTS" Well the facts that GZ was a inconsiderate, disrespectful, non worthy individual did not leave Trayvon Alone and kept following him, got into a conflict and resulted to a gun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment